Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
- I'm about to brave the streets and look for a Halloween costume
- I'm not excited about this.
- I wish I was a kid again so my Mom could concoct my costume.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
- I burned my mouth while sipping my daily Earl Grey in the morning...I hate that feeling. You're so excited for that first taste of morning goodness, then OUCH...no good.
- My throat is still feeling weird. It's like my body is warning me to get sleep or else...
- Last night, in an attempt to wind down, I watched "I'm Not There" a film that kind of chronicles the life of Bob Dylan through six different actors, it was pretty interesting. Random Sidenote: Cate Blanchett plays a young Dylan...she did an amazing job! I ended up feeling very "wound-down" but I think that may have to do with the Merlot...Hey, whatever works!
- To The Girl Walking and Texting Today: WATCH WHERE YOU ARE WALKING...I swear, this girl was completely oblivious to the fact that she was about to walk STRAIGHT into me, and I, being the stubborn individual that I am (sometimes), stayed on my path. I was walking normally, I deserved my piece of sidewalk, reckless texter girl DID NOT. So, I let her experience the embarrassment of tripping over her ugly furry boots once she realized she almost had a head on collision with someone (me) carrying hot tea (disaster in the making...she probably would've tried to sue me for burning her...ugh people these days).
- Tomorrow is the day. The day I have to finalize my Halloween costume. I'm not happy about it. I'd much rather go shopping for something other than what will undoubtedly wind up being a "slutty" version of some Disney princess. I love Disney, but as I've said in previous posts....I appreciate more creativity. Last minute suggestions are very much welcome!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- 80 gig Ipod, because my Nano is FULL, and although I use it for running/workouts (I made my old 32 gig die because you're not supposed to work out with it frequently due to "moving parts"), and in the car, I've decided to cave in and go for the big enchilada. A practical gift, since my music library is ginormously large.
- This Burberry jacket. I can wear it forever, and it's the perfect weight for Houston weather.
- This Laptop. I need something light and portable, this is practical, tiny, and useful!
- Bracelets. It's kind of my trademark, I've always worn lots of bangles/bracelets at once, I've acquired the nickname "windchimes" from jingling so much sometimes! Bracelets like this, this, this , this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this work!
- This watch. I need a big man watch, I have a classic Tag, but I want something fresh.
- These speakers for my pod. My current speakers are dying a slow death...so sad, because they're so amazing.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
- chocolate chip pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- wassail (if you don't know what it is, find out. immediately.)
- SCARVES...I own more than I know what to do with and I can't WAIT to buy more!
- Coats. I live in Houston. I own approximately 8-12 WINTER coats...my excuse? I lived in Nashville for 4 years so I needed the warmth...
- Snuggling (well this is good in any season, but especially in the Fall)
- Really good mood music ( I will soon be releasing some more playlists for your enjoyment)
- Homemade cranberry sauce (I might be nice and share my recipe, it's TO DIE for)
- Walking the puppy in the park and not worrying about her dying of heat-stroke
- That "fall" feeling in the air, you know what it is, and it's AMAZING
Monday, October 19, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Morsel of Knowledge: I secretly love surveys. Which is why I'm opening the doors of my soul here for your reading pleasure.
Are you a morning or night person? Both.
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Depends. What category do chocolate covered pretzels fall under?
Ninjas or pirates? This is a toughie. Ninjas because they're nimble and stealthy, Pirates because they're PIRATES..I mean come on!
Are you a collector of anything? Books, certain art work, prints, silver bracelets.
If you could be any animal, what would you be? Snow Leopard.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Sookie Stackhouse's ability to read minds or flying.
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? I'd love more sleep.
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? I can't wait to be asleep.
What's your favorite color? Turquoise/varying shades of blue/aqua.
What's your favorite animal? To interact with: Dogs. To look at: dangerous ones like cheetahs.
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? No, only because if I allow myself to, I'll be terrified and will lose sleep.
Do you believe in ghosts? Yes. This alone scares me plenty.
Have any bad habits? Over-shopping.
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? Over-shopping and still having "nothing to wear"
Any tattoos or piercings? Ears. No tats.
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Eyes, smile, sense of humor. OK that was three.
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? Honesty is the best policy.
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Lying, and general annoying-ness
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? clean.clean.clean.
Ever been kissed in the rain? Yes.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Paris.
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Today I think I'll say New Zealand.
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: No responsibility!
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Doing whatever I want, whenever I want. (more or less)
What's your favorite song of the moment? "The Weight of Us" Sanders Bohlke
What's your favorite song of all time? wow. no way I'm going to be able to answer that. Maybe Tom Petty "Last Dance with Mary Jane", but I'm not fully committed to that answer.
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Depends. Usually going out with friends.
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Go to the park.
Have any hidden talents? Well, I like to keep them hidden.
What would be your dream job? Writing/styling/fashion editor/columnist/zookeeper
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I can't watch scary movies unless I know someone strong and intimidating is going to share a bed with me for the 2 weeks following.If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to? NO idea. At bars, I frequently use "Daisie" (with an i-e of course and a thick country accent) "Candy", "Marion", and when the mood strikes..."Misty"...but that's to make people go away.