Monday, October 12, 2009

A Question....

The city I live in has had some nasty weather. Houston isn't exactly the first place you think of when you want "nice" fall weather. I'm kind of bitter about this. However, we all have to make do with what we are given. But sometimes, we fail. Miserably. This brings me to my question of the week. Cropped Lace Leggings. WHY?


I don't understand them. Really. I mean I can see how they would look good....ok maybe I don't. They kind of freak me out to be honest. I saw someone wearing them recently and I promptly became "that girl" because I was flat out staring. in horror. Maybe it was the combination of the lace tights with sneakers, a mini skirt and a forgettable top...but they scare me. I love lace, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I like having my legs encased in lace. Maybe these sentiments are a product of my experiences. Here's the real reason they scare me/freak me out. They make me think of this image from the movie "Heartbreakers" (thank you late 90's for producing such a...blockbuster).





You can't look at that and tell me it's not creepy. You just can't.


So are cropped lace leggings warm? Comfy? When you take them off, do you have lacy imprints on your legs? Do people find them attractive? When men go out, do they think to themselves, "Man, if I could only find myself a looker with a pair of those cropped lace leggings..." I mean I'm fairly certain men appreciate lace on other items (lingerie..shocker I know). I just don't see how they work. Maybe I'm in the wrong here and I've clearly missed out on an opportunity to be fashion forward, but I'm going to take my chances on this one and let this trend pass me by. I think there may be other ways to be fashionable without wearing my lingerie on my legs... Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love...