I've been MIA, mostly because I've realized how much time I have on my hands with the holidays, and I've been...doing a whole lot of nothing. Any by nothing I mean a bit of soul searching. You see, I graduate in May, and have to figure out my next move by then, and the older I get, the faster time goes, hence the worries I've been carrying around. Soooo, I hope everyone had a wonderful, Happy Holiday, and I wish you all the very best in the New Year. So here goes: Jules, a la Bridget Jones:
Weight: bahaha...not telling.
Alcohol Units: unspeakable...it's the freaking holidays, give me a break! I will tell you I've purchased 1 bottle pink champagne, 1 bottle pink prosecco, 1 bottle Chardonnay, 1 bottle Merlot, 1 case of "premium European sampler" beer, 1 bottle Crown Royale, and a few more things....let's not talk about how much is left k??
Cigarettes: 0..... ok make that .5, I TRY to smoke, but I CAN'T!!! I pretend to inhale, and I end up coughing and hacking everywhere, but I somehow think attempting to smoke looks sexy and alluring...I blame Joe Camel during my youth.
Calories: Let's just say Jenny Craig would have a full on melt-down....for realz yo.
Boyfriend: All I will say is that my adorable nephew told me over the phone today:
"Aunt Julie, I know sumfin you got for Christmas..."
Me: "Oh really? Well let's keep it a secret till I come visit you...."
Adorable Nephew: "Well, I still know sumfin you got!!"
Me: "Did Santa Claus tell you!?"
Adorable Nephew: "Nope...I just know it"
Adorable Nephew: "I'm just gonna tell you what it is, k??"
Adorable Nephew: "A BOYFRIENDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
Me: "Oh....wow....ok! Sounds......interesting...."
As we speak, I'm signing him up for the A&E special, "Psychic Kids". I saw the preview for it while I lost my "Hoarders" virginity....let me tell ya, that show is DEEPLY......DEEPLY....DISTURBING. I texted "Lola" aka bestie during the show begging her not to become a hoarder....serious business that shit is....ew.
So, dear blogosphere, I leave you with some pearls of wisdom for the New Year, 10 to be exact, in honor of 2010.
1. Don't riddle yourself with expectations....it makes life so much better and fills it with surprises and exhilarating moments.
2. Friends and family are amazing. Hugs are powerful.
3. Don't psych yourself out, just go with the flow. You'll be surprised sometimes how good it makes you feel.
4. Good music is far more than just something delicious in your ears.
5. Be honest. It seems hard at first, but it's liberating, and it helps create honesty in others around you.
6. Be YOURSELF. Why live a life as someone else when you can live your own? Follow what YOU love, don't copy, don't try to be someone else. Create your own mark in life, that's why you're here.
7. Give of yourself to others. (Mind OUT of the gutter...haha) But seriously. 5 minutes time to someone, anyone can truly make a difference.
8. Work for what you love. Love what you work for. Cheesy, but we're only here for so long, might as well make it count.
9. Learn to love. Love something/somebody with all your heart at least once. It can hurt like the Dickens, but you'll never forget the best parts.
10. RELAX. Throw your worries away every once in a while. Take a deep breath, look around, and find something to be thankful for. A tree, a dog, a freaking chocolate bar. It's all there for a reason.
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL New Year. I wish you all the very best! I'll be back with more soon....ish!
Music for the New Year:
Anything that makes you happy :)
I'm really into soundtracks these past few days, "Romeo and Juliet" (the 90's version with DiCaprio...it's got lots of delish tunes).
I leave you with an amazing Regina Spektor song that she wrote just for the New Year. I'm obsessed!
lots of lovelovelove,
lots of lovelovelove,