Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I am so.so.so. excited

Good morning loves,

FALL is here!!! Well...kinda. Houston has this thing, it loves to tease its residents by showing us the beautiful weather it's capable of, and then snatching it back and throwing some nasty humidity and heat back in our hopeful faces. Another Morsel of Knowledge: I love fall. I love.love.love.fall. I love the clothes, the crisp air, the fact that I can now drink my hot tea and not feel gross carrying it in the heat, I love Halloween (but you already knew that because you read the Sarah Palin Tale from the Hanger) and I love the leaves turning. Granted, leaves don't really "turn" in Houston, but in my mind they do. I have to work with what I have here!

So I want to share a list of my Fall Favorites, they're in no particular order:

  • chocolate chip pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
  • wassail (if you don't know what it is, find out. immediately.)
  • SCARVES...I own more than I know what to do with and I can't WAIT to buy more!
  • Coats. I live in Houston. I own approximately 8-12 WINTER coats...my excuse? I lived in Nashville for 4 years so I needed the warmth...
  • Snuggling (well this is good in any season, but especially in the Fall)
  • Bonfires
  • Really good mood music ( I will soon be releasing some more playlists for your enjoyment)
  • Homemade cranberry sauce (I might be nice and share my recipe, it's TO DIE for)
  • Walking the puppy in the park and not worrying about her dying of heat-stroke
  • That "fall" feeling in the air, you know what it is, and it's AMAZING
So there you have a few of my favorite fall highlights, oh, I forgot to add making a Christmas list! Anything I missed?

I'm getting desperate because I have NO idea what I'm going to be for Halloween and it's getting close to D-day, so if anyone has any CREATIVE suggestions, please send them my way! Also, please go download the following songs immediately, you won't be sorry.

"Stay Over" - The Rescues
"Moth's Wings" -Passion Pit
"Winter Song" - Ingrid Michaelson & Sarah Bareilles
"Break Me Out" - The Rescues


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love...