Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Menagerie of Things...

Bonjour Mes Amis!

I'm halfway coming down with a cold, but I'm fighting it as hard as I can! I know it's because I spent 94% of my day in soaking wet pants (see yesterday's post about the Monsoon rains we had) and as long as I get enough sleep tonight, hopefully this awkward itchy, scratchy throat/nose business will go away. Anywho, today is reasonably "fall-like" so I'm happy I get to wear some of the fall wardrobe, it's been much too long. Outfit: DKNY Jeans Dark Wash denim Shirt/Dress, black leggings, Steve Madden metallic flats (light silvery/gold), black pashmina, light patterned leopard headband (matches the shoes!)


Random Tidbit....

Usually, I'm really bad about timing my Christmas shopping. I love doing it, but I usually wait a liiiiiittle too long to get started. So, being the compulsive list maker that I am, I started my Christmas list early this year. Really, you should see my blackberry, I have approximately 20-25 lists of random things....it's a bit much, but it keeps me sane. The reason I made my personal list so early this year is because I usually have NO wish list, and wind up realizing what I wanted AFTER Christmas...well that doesn't do me much good now does it? So here goes....





  • 80 gig Ipod, because my Nano is FULL, and although I use it for running/workouts (I made my old 32 gig die because you're not supposed to work out with it frequently due to "moving parts"), and in the car, I've decided to cave in and go for the big enchilada. A practical gift, since my music library is ginormously large.
  • This Burberry jacket. I can wear it forever, and it's the perfect weight for Houston weather.
  • This Laptop. I need something light and portable, this is practical, tiny, and useful!
  • Bracelets. It's kind of my trademark, I've always worn lots of bangles/bracelets at once, I've acquired the nickname "windchimes" from jingling so much sometimes! Bracelets like this, this, this , this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this, this and this work!
  • This watch. I need a big man watch, I have a classic Tag, but I want something fresh.
  • These speakers for my pod. My current speakers are dying a slow death...so sad, because they're so amazing.
OK, so that's a LOT, and obviously I will not be receiving all, or any of that, that's why it's called a WISH list.... I'm usually satisfied with some delicious new sleepwear and of course, a new bathrobe/robe to add to the collection! Some of those items are long term wishes, but a girl can dream right?

In other news, I STILL haven't decided what to wear on Halloween....grrrr. I wanted to find two brunette friends and be the Kardashians, but everyone else has their costume selections finalized...sad.


Music Du Jour:


Talk Show Host- Radiohead
Weekend Wars- MGMT
The Persuaded- Faded Paper Figure
January Rain- David Gray
My Heart With You- The Rescues
Lay It On Me- The Rescues
Dogs- Damien Rice
Young Folks- Peter Bjorn and John
Bad Things- Jace Everett (this is the "True Blood" theme song)
L.E.S. Artistes- Santigold
Normandie- Shout out Louds
Gravity- Sarah Bareilles
Courtship Dating- Crystal Castles
Shadows- Au Revoir Simone



1 comment:

  1. My wish list is a mile long too. Sigh. A Macbook and an SLR are at the top. Sigh. Oh and a Chanel 2.55. Don't think that one's happening. Ah ha

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Love...