Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Hangover: Thanksgiving Edition

Hello There Dears, 


I feel like I've been disconnected from the blogosphere for YEARS, so it's good to be back, though the next 2.5 weeks will be touch and go for me, since I'm wrapping up the end of the semester. (ONE MORE SEMESTER TO GO!!!) (Fist Pump) (Another Fist Pump...just for good measure and to emphasize how flippin' excited I am to be almost done with grad school).


I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgiving Holidays. Mine is still in progress, as I still have family in town, and they have made me realize how out of partying shape I'm in. Let's just say last night I went to bed at 7 am... Yeah you read that correctly, SEVEN IN THE MORNING IS WHEN I CLOSED MY EYES TO FALL ASLEEP. So, I'm in a stupor today, trying to get some headway into my final papers, all whilst trying to maintain my sanity and fight the urge to yak every time I see food. I, like many others (just tell me you did the same so I can feel better about myself) gorged myself on delicious Thanksgiving treats all weekend, and now I feel like the most disgusting human on the face of the planet. Needless to say, P90X could not start any sooner, and I will be on a strict exercise regime till Christmas comes.  Sidenote: Last night, I met Sasha from The Bachelorette (Jillian kicked him off) and I was so proud of myself for not squealing like a little girl. 


In an effort to answer some of your Q's, I guess it's time for me to share a little about myself, other than the moaning, complaining, story-telling, and casual observing I do. I study literature in graduate school, and NO I do not plan on teaching for the rest of my life. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but I just don't think I'm up for teaching forever. I'm more of a repressed movie star actually. (Haha). But seriously...


My life plan was to become an attorney and settle into criminal defense eventually. I did a little soul searching in college and finally realized that my true passion lies in the arts (music, writing, fashion) and as silly and immature as I felt by dropping law school like a ton of bricks, I felt strangely liberated, yet at the same time, scared completely sh*tless. While in Nashville, I toyed with the idea of doing the singer/songwriter/music industry bit, but realized that living in a cardboard box and begging for scraps wouldn't quite be the best immediate plan, so I moved back to Texas where I bought myself two years time in grad school to sort out the beautiful mess that is my life. Currently, there are quite a few loose ends being tied, but hopefully I'll get lucky here in the next few months (this wonderful economy is making things SO much easier, let me tell you....). 


So, in the meantime, I'm exploring many opportunities, learning life lessons (sometimes, more often than not, learning them the hard way) and hopefully settling into doing what I really love. I don't like disclosing details, because I'm superstitious (don't take it personally, only like 2 people know what I really want to do) and I don't want to jinx myself. I started the blog to finally get some random writing down aside from portfolio pieces, and to see what happens with it! My interests span a pretty broad spectrum of things, so you'll see me writing about music, clothes, people, life, etc. Reading all the other blogs out there has really been inspiring and has given me a little bit more bravery! Cheesy, I know. That's prob. the first and only time you'll see/hear me get cheesy. 


Well, that's that for now! I feel awkward...like I just had a serious relationship talk with someone or something like that....weird....was it good for you? I'll be back to my usual shenanigans tomorrow and intermittently through my final term papers. Happy Belated Turkey Day and hopefully you all had restful delish weekends! I'm dreading Monday more than usual right now (which I didn't even think was humanly possible). 


Some Random Songs to Keep You Smiling:


"Let It Be Me" - Ray Lamontagne
"Ballerina" - Van Morrison
"Almost Honest"- Josh Kelley
"Take On Me" - A..C. Newman
"Until You" - Dave Barnes
"Lua" - Bright Eyes
"Vuelvo Al Sur" - Gotan Project

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grad school is terrible and I'm so jealous of your 1 remaining semester. I have what feels like 3 more years to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so much closer to you now . . .

    Good luck with the school thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww loved getting to know you better. still can't believe you went to bed at 7am! that's craziness.

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Love...